Prev: Re: [GZG] GROPO Toy Alert! Next: Re: [GZG] GROPO Toy Alert!

Re: [GZG] GROPO Toy Alert!

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 11:53:21 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] GROPO Toy Alert!

on this. :-D

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu> wrote:

> Thanks, Mike! There weren't any treaded HK's (T1?) when I was at the
store.
> Definitely a little too re-envisioned Lost In Space.
>
> By the way, I thought the big bots were both hunter-killers
originally, or
> was it just my imagination? Took a minute to Google, and apparently I
> wasn't the only deluded soul, but some of the piccies suggest the
third
> tread on the 'HK Tank' was in place of two in the rear of the
original. Oh,
> yeah, soooo much better....
>
> It could have been worse; it could have tried kettenrad-trike.

<harumph!> And just WHAT is wrong with kettenkrads?? Maybe not the most
efficient, but it was a cool, neat vehicle, and it's just a shame that
the
Machines didn't recognize that design as such.

> Also thanks for showing the lower part of the flying HK open; you
might try
> another angle to show just how dumb it looks. To think, they could
have had
> a proper drop ramp...

...for the purposes it was built, why would it need a drop ramp? Isn't
it a
standalone autonomous flying machine? No need for passenger space (ammo
space maybe ;-) ). And while yeah, would be nice to have something
similar
with a drop ramp for 25 or 15mm, but isn't that what kitbashing is all
about. :-D  (for those who can do it, that is ;-) ).

> Have to give cred for the wheel for turbine rotation standing out, but
> looking ok.
>
> Am I the only one who wishes they'd have left off the long tail
> stabilizers?

Hmmm, weren't they more of a perpendicular V-shape in the movie(s)?

Mk

Prev: Re: [GZG] GROPO Toy Alert! Next: Re: [GZG] GROPO Toy Alert!