Prev: Re: [GZG] GZG 8 Wheelers Next: Re: [GZG] GROPO Toy Alert!

Re: [GZG] Running Full Thrust at a con?

From: "McCarthy, Tom" <Tom.McCarthy@x...>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 08:20:47 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Running Full Thrust at a con?

I've friends who go out of their way to get into the games Jon Davis
noted.	They're consistently balanced and thoroughly playtested.  Go
with any of them and after playing them out once yourself, you should
have a good feel for the expected action.

My first con games for FT were run using Full Thrust 2nd ed. and giving
each player about 6 frigates or destroyers, maybe even light cruisers.
No fighters, no repairs.  Cinematic movement, no floating table.

Basic prep included: a supply of pencils, a supply of pre-made ship
sheets, turn and fire arc gauges, a fistful of dice

(My most aggressive FT con game was about 6000 pts a side, NAC vs. SV,
for experienced players only.  It was too big, really.	Great spectacle,
limited play value.)

Prev: Re: [GZG] GZG 8 Wheelers Next: Re: [GZG] GROPO Toy Alert!