Prev: Re: [GZG] Traveller to FMA conversion Next: Re: [GZG] Traveller to FMA conversion

Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game

From: Simon White <mintroll-gzg-ft@2...>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 13:58:03 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game

> Eden was always a small company, but they lost their big money maker

> when Fox pulled the Buffy and Angel licenses.

> They have people pop online on RPG.net every now and again. Apparently

> the next book will be pirates ("Arrr, There Be Zombies"  or something

> like that) and after that is their World War II book ("Band of

> Zombies").

> But you're right. It's hard to take them seriously these days. I

> bought "Conspiracy X 2.0" (in Unisystem) during my big AFMBE phase and

> it's a really good game system. I then bought a raft of the old ConX

> books for ideas (mostly for "Delta Green"). The books are good, but

> for the older (not Unisystem) system. They were intending to release

> new source books that took the old material and convert it to

> Unisystem, but that still hasn't happened.

I know they're a small company... but if you don't tell your customers
what you're doing and when it'll be available for sale, you just loose
business.

No website is better than the mess they have at the moment, they should
take it down and have a single blog on the front page. Yes they were
big, they fell hard... time to go back to basics.

Conspiracy X 2.0 is one of their hidden gems, the new source book is
available for pre-order from Paizo - no mention of it on their own
website, or a release estimate.

> It should be noted that while AFMBE is a zombie game and all the

> supplements have zombie themes, it's really easy to remove the zombie

> stuff. "All Tomorrow's Zombies" has cool spaceship and alien

> construction rules. One of the best Western games out there is AFMBE

> with "Fistful O' Zombies". About the only supplement I wasn't crazy

> about was "Zombie Smackdown".

Totally agree, the Unisystem is one of the better generic systems, in
either the Classic or Cinematic flavour. Witchcraft plus supplements is
also a great game. Abandoned in favour of other games... such a shame.

Small companies need to give us constant updates... if not, we lose
interest and miss the release and don't buy the stuff. Did you know ESP
Volume 3 was out? Stealth release equals no sales.

(Sorry for rant, just annoys me)

Simon

--

Experience is the fool's best teacher; the wise do not need it.

http://fullthrust.2-72.co.uk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Traveller to FMA conversion Next: Re: [GZG] Traveller to FMA conversion