Prev: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game Next: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game

Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game

From: Robert Mayberry <robert.mayberry@g...>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 10:13:07 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game

I think where a game starts having roleplaying is when you can
creatively re-shape the rules to fit a situation. When your rules
model the story rather than simply being constraints that are given,
you have an RPG. Which means an RPG is how you play rather than what
you play.

Chess is a game right up to the point where my bishop decides to try
to seduce your queen, or where one of my pawns sneaks across the board
and tries to poison your knights one foggy evening, then it becomes an
RPG.