Prev: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game Next: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game

Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 15:13:33 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game

I have to add myself to list of people for whom it was Traveller - heck,
used to have a set of the little black books autographed by Marc Miller
(long gone now unfortunately). I still have all my Traveller stuff and
collected more over the years - though I didn't bother with much at all
of
the TNE and I haven't picked up any of recent (last couple of years)
releases. It was actually the second RPG I bought (after the Blue Box of
D&D
along with the Player's Handbook)

>From there I did Gamma World, Star Frontiers, Mechanoids, Space Opera,
WH40K
(the original one), Justifiers, Star Wars... I cannot for the life of me
remember what I've played over the years. I also started Cyberpunk with
the
2013 version and quickly became an addict. Lately (like the last fifteen
years, so I guess "lately" doesn't really apply...) when I've run a
sci-fi
RPG I run an Imperium-based setting but using the CP2020 rules engine.

I have yet to pick up anything in the d20 engine, and probably won't.
Not
sure why, just a principle that I refuse to give anything d20 related
any
more money after years of the money sink that AD&D was. I converted over
a house engine a number of years ago for fantasy games as well.

And I gave up on the Traveller space combat and design stuff and
converted
over to Full Thrust almost as soon as I bought my original set of the
rules
(something like twelve years ago?). It really makes things much, much
easier...

David Rodemaker

Prev: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game Next: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game