Prev: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game Next: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game

Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game

From: Richard Bell <rlbell.nsuid@g...>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 13:06:54 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game

My introduction to SF gaming was the pocket edition of 4000AD.	My
first SF RPG was Gamma World (I read Traveller books 0 - 5, but did
not play).  I later branched out into the product lines of Metagaming
and Task Force Games, because they were affordable.  My brother and a
friend actually played the Starfire scenario: Second Battle of
Ophiuchi Junction, which proved that Starfire really was playable with
large fleets.

I thought that the various incarnations of SFB were the bee's knee's
of starship combat, until I left the company of people that had been
playing since it came out and had to teach newbies.  Now I am
afflicted with a desire for the simplicity of FT combined with the
vector movement system of AV:T-- not that I actually have anyone to
play with, or time to play.

Based on what I actually play, my favorite games are Power Grid and
Coocoo the Rocking Clown.

Prev: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game Next: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game