Prev: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust: Cross Dimensions

Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

From: Eric Foley <stiltman@t...>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 19:58:33 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

>From: James Butler <jlbutler3@yahoo.com>
>     Just out of curiosity, would that be the Ur-Quan Hierarchy and its
army of Battle Thralls and if so, do you have stats?

No, I always like to do my own thing.  I will frequently use inspiration
from other sources but I have always enjoyed building my own custom
ships and everything.  It's one of the major things that drew me to Full
Thrust to start with, the level of customization was beyond compare.
Also why I haven't liked the ground pounder games as much, they're not
as customizable.

The Hierarchy I'm describing is loosely inspired by the Ur-Quan in its
political organization, yes, although that's somewhat where the
similarities end.  It was generally good way to dream up a diverse
interstellar polity that might throw any one of a number of different
ship design styles from one game to the next, and from there I peopled
it with different custom races that were vaguely inspired by different
sci-fi settings.  I had a bit of a backstory written somewhere for how
all the different races came about, who hates who, who the Hierarchy
enslaved in what order, what ongoing business they're dealing with and
other different subplots.  I could dig up some of the info if you want
it, it's actually a pretty well-developed universe... but not everyone
might be interested in it. :P

E the Stilt Man

Prev: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust: Cross Dimensions