Prev: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters Next: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 08:56:43 +1000 (EST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

That sounds like exactly the calculation to back up my scenario.

Now, if 4 squadons of multirole fighters encounter 4 squadrons of
standard fighters the situation gets a lot more complex.

4 squadrons of interceptors fighting 4 squadrons of fighters. The
interceptors kill all the enemy fighters but suffer 4-5 casualties per
squadron in return. equating to about 1 squadron. They could then rearm
as torpedo bombers and go after the enemy carrier but there is not very
many of them and 3-4 PDS could be enough to ruin their day. At that
point their points value is only marginal against that of standard
fighters.

If however as has been noted, the carrier come up upon the enemy ship
with no fighters then it rearms and launches wave after wave of bombers
as the gunships try and close.

John