Prev: Re: [GZG] Stepping out the airlock.... Next: [GZG] ISO: Stargate F-302 fighter miniature

[GZG] Stepping out the airlock....

From: Tom B <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 19:55:09 -0400
Subject: [GZG] Stepping out the airlock....

n,

I think Wraith hyperdrive is actually considered more efficient than
human.
The humans just tend to run more... (they do this when confronted by
Ha'taks
too a lot of the time).

As for size, the Achilles looks about 4.5" long or so and probably
slightly
less massive than a Thuerdank. On the other hand, whether 1 mass = 1
fleet
book mass is another discussion point.

My only goal is to replicate the feel of the fights fairly well. If that
means a Daedelus, at 3.5" long, is mass 400, I can live with that,
although
it would look a bit odd next to a huge Ha'tak or Ori mothership.

Systems:

Ancient/Alteran/Lantean Drones: I think these are best modelled as fast
attack or torpedo fighters. They can probably be destroyed by darts that
are
screening a wraith cruiser, but they pretty much ignore screens and do
some
serious damage. Of course, their has to be an attritional component to
the
damage - sometimes a drone will fly into a wraith hiveship and out
again,
other times that encounter destroys the drone (hits something solid
enough
or something).

For human missiles from the Daedelus (X-304), SMs would probably do, but
they sprout a lot of them in encounters and SM ammo mass is high. It
might
make sense to cut the mass requirements to match up with the type of
results
seen in the show. Maybe that could be justified by doing D3 per missile
or
some such thing - half damage/half the mass.

The problem with shields as armour is the shields are sort of leaky. At
full
shields, likely no damage passes through. At 50%, damage will be leaking
through, at 20-30%, a fair bit of damage seems to penetrate - or at
least
overloads and such are caused.

Some sort of armour-esque model might do, but it would have to be
tweaked a
fair bit.

T.

--
http://ante-aurorum-tenebrae.blogspot.com/
http://www.stargrunt.ca

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy
from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that
will reach to himself." -- Thomas Paine

"When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty
quits the horizon." -- Thomas Paine

Prev: Re: [GZG] Stepping out the airlock.... Next: [GZG] ISO: Stargate F-302 fighter miniature