Prev: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust: Cross Dimensions Next: Re: [GZG] Stepping out the airlock....

Re: [GZG] Stepping out the airlock....

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 07:53:31 +1000 (EST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Stepping out the airlock....

think the best way to approach this is to decide how big you want your
ships to be.

If you want ships sized approximately like the fleet book ships then I
think what you are describing is fine.

Wraith hive ships and cruisers seem to be primarily carriers, with lots
of darts. They also seem to be fairly fragile and unshielded but
reasonably heavily armed.

One other thing to consider is that the Asgard and hence humans have
more advanced hyperdrive technology than the wraith, they can manouver
fire and jump all in the midst of battle.

You might well want to theme the different fleets around a different
primary weapon.

Ancient ships might be armed primarily with salvo missile racks to
represent the drones, or they could be torpedo fighters or a selectable
interceptor torpedo fighter option to represent their anti dart
capability.

Goa-uld might be based around plasma torpedos just to be different and
have fighters.

Given that shields seem to stop everything and to degrade in relatively
predicable levels like Star Trek they might be better represented by
armour.