Prev: Re: [GZG] [FMAS] Grenades. Next: Re: [GZG] Stargrunt help

Re: [GZG] [FMAS] Grenades.

From: "McCarthy, Tom" <Tom.McCarthy@x...>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 08:52:10 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FMAS] Grenades.

Robert asks:

1. How are you handling standard fragmentation grenades? My copy of
the rules goes into a fair amount of detail about how to determine
range, accuracy and eventual impact point, but doesn't seem to cover
effect. We house-ruled it on the basis of the booby-trap rule from
SGII: Everyone within 6m of the detonating device rolls as if being
shot at by a d8 weapon. Anyone doing anything more exotic, like
giving a grenade "range bands"?

I haven't played with the targeting/range bands, but on most boards, a
radius of 2" or 3" and an impact of D8 is enough to make grenades
worthwhile, and 4" makes them powerful.

2. How about gas grenades? We're only interested in CS-type disabling
agents here. Plain smoke requires a reaction-test to avoid
suppression, so should gas give automatic suppression for unprotected
people in the affected area? Or shift the target's quality die down
for the reaction test?

I think these might be scary enough, given a decent impact and allowing
that the right defence gives good armor against it, but most armours
offer no protection.

3. And of course one of my hooligans wants to throw petrol-bombs (in-
game only, I hasten to add!). Judging from newsreels, the area of
effect is fairly small, and I gather that uniforms made of fire-proof
cloth are fairly good protection. Any thoughts?

I'd make them akin to a short range direct fire weapon, and again the GM
or scenario has to note who has a real defence against this attack, and
who finds their conventional defences useless against it.

Prev: Re: [GZG] [FMAS] Grenades. Next: Re: [GZG] Stargrunt help