Prev: Re: [GZG] Stargrunt help Next: [GZG] (FT) Tugs

Re: [GZG] Stargrunt help

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@s...>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:29:12 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] Stargrunt help

On Mar 31, 2009, at 11:01 AM, Doug Evans wrote:

> Really? A new movie? I didn't realize the last did well enough to
> continue
> the string. Not that Hollywood isn't desperate enough for ideas NOT to
> reprise even failures...

In production with a 2010 release date. This is probably Toby
Maguire's production. Yes, Spiderman owns the US movie rights. Which
makes the rights issue in the US even more complicated than it was.
Still, I'm happy to see a real production company attempt it, with
today's CGI it ought to be a gorgeous festival of mecha and explosions.

For something actually GOOD in this vein, I recommend Macross
Frontier, 25 episodes of very good artwork, terrific story and good
music. It's Macross, so singing DOES save the galaxy (again), and the
fighters do transform, but ti's an excellent update of the original
story. Not a re-make, it's in the same continuity as the original.
Frontier is just a similar story with better writing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxZNX30fg8k

--
Michael Llaneza
maserati@speakeasy.net

Prev: Re: [GZG] Stargrunt help Next: [GZG] (FT) Tugs