Prev: Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars Next: Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars

Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars

From: "Samuel Penn" <sam@g...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:22:57 -0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars

On Mon, March 9, 2009 16:52, Doug Evans wrote:
> 'What's that batting stretched across the table? Nebula? Dust cloud?'
>
> 'Nope, it's the launched Cylon Ready 5...'

Reminds me of the bit at the end of Excession[1], after
GSV Sleeper Service[2] launches its offensive units.

(all from memory):

Killing Time[Ship Mind]: It's just launched a.. cloud of warships.
Affront commander: Cloud?
Killing Time: Well, I'm aware that technically 'cloud' isn't
standard terminology, but I'm not sure what else to call a fleet
of 81,328 ships. I'm running.

Of course, Offensive Units aren't fighters, they're warships,
which puts things on a slightly bigger scale (but then, GSVs
tend to be built on a scale that makes Star Wars ships look
small).

[1] Iain M Banks, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excession
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GSV_Sleeper_Service

--
Be seeing you,		  http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.			  xmpp:sam@glendale.org.uk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars Next: Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars