Prev: Re: [GZG] Kra'Vak Kitbashs Next: Re: [GZG] Kra'Vak Kitbashs

Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars

From: Doc <docagren@a...>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 17:47:20 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars

They are to a point a FSE Wet dream

Indy, be I can answer that, have U designed a Battlestar?  If U build
in terms of FT, and keeping with "current" sizes..   It going be Large,
Very large..    I threw together a "quick model"

DOC BASESTAR

Mass 280

Hull of 40

Thrust of 2

PDS: 6

Screen: Lvl 1

2 Fire Cons

3 6 arc Pulsars for "backup" guns

30 Heavy Missile Racked (8 Long Range, 10 Medium, 8 Short, and 4 ECM)

    or 5 Heavy Missile Launcher and 45 Missiles (allowing each Launcher
3 Long range, 3 Medium, 2 Short, 1 EMP Missile)

10 Fighter Squadrons

If you use the HMR, this thing can "spray and pray with missiles from
range" and do really good at scaring civilian shipping, but when and if
anything closes in and starts firing directly at them they are going to
pop easier for their size.  But they are backed by 10 Fighter
Squadrons, and anything in close, should be taking both Short Range
Missiles and ECM Missile Strikes, along with fighter runs.  Hope U have
really good PDS abilities.

From: Indy

Quick question for the FT-BSG fans,

In the current rendition of BSG, we have these new fangled Cylon base
stars.
Given that we've really seen little of their capabilities, other than
launching HORDES of missiles and fighters, how would *you* rate these
things
in FT terms?

Mk

DOC AGREN

    Lurker on the Digest

In Memory of Russ Manduca 7/22/67-1/8/08

Certainly there is no
hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long
enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    ~ Ernest Hemmingway

"I'm a Member of Red Sox Nation"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abc3CevHgms

Prev: Re: [GZG] Kra'Vak Kitbashs Next: Re: [GZG] Kra'Vak Kitbashs