Prev: [GZG] Requesting a little help with a background (Revolt on Next: [GZG] Hi

[GZG] FMA multiple activations

From: Tom B <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 04:20:42 -0500
Subject: [GZG] FMA multiple activations

ce the subject came up here, one of the reasons this wasn't enjoyed by
some of us was how it actually played out. We played a number of games,
some
of which were asymetric. These make (normally) some of the most
interesting
scenarios - a small team of experts versus a larger mob, etc. But the
reality was with the 'leader rolls points to activate', large forces
rarely
got most of their activations and got their head handed to them to a
much
greater extent than one would expect.

That mechanic did not seem to handle mismatched forces very well. The
normal
alternating activation mechanic with leaders simply transfering commands
seemed better.

The roll for activations does work to a point with nearly balanced
forces,
but I find this the less common scenario in most games I've run or
played
in. Besides, even your elite guys D12 has a 1 on it - it makes
activations
incredibly swingy for good troops and that tends to make for hard to
balance
games.

TomB

--
http://ante-aurorum-tenebrae.blogspot.com/
http://www.stargrunt.ca

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy
from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that
will reach to himself." -- Thomas Paine

"When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty
quits the horizon." -- Thomas Paine

Prev: [GZG] Requesting a little help with a background (Revolt on Next: [GZG] Hi