Prev: Re: [GZG] 15mm figure skirmish basing Next: [GZG] 25mm Resin Vehicles

Re: [GZG] 15mm figure skirmish basing

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 12:26:34 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] 15mm figure skirmish basing

Ok, St. Jon wrote on 03/05/2009 10:40:55 AM:

> >Having had problems with figs based on cardboard squares, I'd
probably
go
> >with sheet styrene, and stick the mag sheeting to it instead. Easy to
cut
> >in 1/2" strips, then chop 1/2" squares. The styrene is pretty light,
but
> >the added bulk of the mag vinyl should be sufficient for 15mm, as
long
as
> >they aren't scaled seven foot, genetically maladjusted freaks of
nature.

> Of course, if you want to go the styrene sheet route then just buy a
> sheet of Evergreen 1/2" tile, and snap it into single squares - that
> way you don't even need to do any measuring, marking or cutting, and
> you end up with nice little bevelled edges on the bases too. Get some
> 1/2" magnetic strip, stick lots of the Evergreen squares to it and
> trim to length, and you're there!  :-)

Ah, I've not seen this amongst Evergreen's stuff, but it makes perfect
sense, and
a great idea with the 1/2" mag strips. I've been wanting to put some
micromachine
figs on bases for years, and this may be the simplest way.

Star Wars Miniatures, the travel edition! Thanks!

I've thought about just adhering a paper-punch dot of mag sheet to the
base
of the fig,
but this would be far better.

I'll probably still scribe the back of the sheet; I seem to be well able
deform
in nasty ways styrene, even when it's propped against a nice, sharp
table
edge.

Eli-
> Out buying terrain supplies last night and I thought of this post and
so
decided to go
> price washers as it had been a bit since I actually had. It was crazy.
For a hand full of
> washers the price was over $2.

Isn't it just? Had the same reaction, and I went looking awhile ago.
They
are very pretty, though...

Wait, a hand full for only $2? Where do you shop?!? ;->=

Michael Brown-
> I think I need to break out Azhanti High Lightening

Two great minds... Wait, I think somebody already mentioned same, but
doesn't stop it from being great!

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [GZG] 15mm figure skirmish basing Next: [GZG] 25mm Resin Vehicles