Prev: Re: [GZG] 15mm figure skirmish basing Next: Re: [GZG] 15mm figure skirmish basing [TOBECLASSIFIED] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: [GZG] 15mm figure skirmish basing

From: Brian Burger <blurdesign@g...>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 14:34:09 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] 15mm figure skirmish basing

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Tom B <kaladorn@gmail.com> wrote:
> For those who play 15mm and base their figs for skirmish action
(rather than
> on group stands):
>
> On what do you base your figures? A penny? A washer? If it is a
washer, how
> big? Something else?

Most of the GZG figures have enough of an integral base to not need
anything additional, in my experience.

For some non-GZG figures that I did have to base, I used tiny washers
- the figures are buried in a box currently, but I think they're 12mm
washers. Superglue and a smear of putty holds them nicely.

Plus, I hate oversized bases on ordinary human figures. They crowd the
table excessively, especially if buildings get involved, doubly so if
building interiors are a factor. Even my 28mm stuff is on 20mm bases,
max, or pennies, which are about 19mm wide.

Brian
warbard.ca
wirelizard.ca