Prev: Re: [GZG] Are there any West Coast GZG Events in the US? Next: [GZG] Anyone going to be at Recruits in metro KC, end of March? Re: Are there any West Coast GZG Events in the US?

Re: [GZG] Are there any West Coast GZG Events in the US?

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 10:06:49 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Are there any West Coast GZG Events in the US?

Michael wrote on 03/02/2009 08:06:25 AM:

> I'm thinking of announcing the GZG-Wild West Con.  Of course it may
> be just me and my toys.  Anyone within 6-700 Miles of Denver (just a
> frame of reference, @ 6 hour drive for me) want to schedule a game?

Well, I keep trying to make the run to Denver, approx 580 mi., but just
can't seem to make it. Sorry bout that...

The good news is there's yet another reoccurrence of interest in FT, and
may be having a small but regular group going someday (next year in
Jerusalem...)

Not being a groppo myself, and Bill Brush being the only person,
locally, I
knew of, not much hope for SG or DS here.

VinsFullThrust wrote on 03/02/2009 09:12:28 AM:

> I could be wrong, But I heard a rumor that the West Coast GZG con
> was no longer being held. Lack of attendance was my understanding...
>
> Vinnie

I dunno, but a dozen or two impresses the heck out of me for a first
stab
at a limited con, though I understand the pricey startup being a killer;
I'm not finding the attendance numbers for the various ECC's to compare.

We have tourney's at the store, usually GW or FoW, that rarely come near
that number.

The_Beast