Prev: Re: [GZG] Bears, scaring Jon and UK con dates Next: [GZG] Speaking of Ground Zero...

Re: [GZG] Bears, scaring Jon and UK con dates

From: Phillip Atcliffe <atcliffe@n...>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 18:39:16 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Bears, scaring Jon and UK con dates

jan Ariander wrote:
> Paul Foster wrote:
>
>> Do you ever promote GZG at shows by running a demo game or
participation game? I've always seen you at Colours and Warfare - but
never seen a GZG
>> game being played. I normally come with one of my kids and we do
enjoy joining some of the 'drop in' participation games, and this in
turn often
>> leads to purchases. Is it a missed marketing oportunity?
>>
> Only if Jon and/or his helpers can find any free time that they don't
already spend selling stuff to their existing customers as fast as they
can... :-/

And it must be remembered that said customers do their best to run the
guys off their feet, wanting /everything/...! I'm as "guilty" of this as

anyone, usually visiting the stand at least twice in the course of a day

at a con that Jon and co. are selling at... and so do my kids... and
half the time, GZG being there is one of, if not /the/, main reason we
came...

I'd love to take part in a demo/parti game, and have enjoyed games like
that at various cons, but I doubt Jon has time to do any. Even with the
aid of his wormhole, he can't be in 3 places at once. Maybe he needs to
think about commissioning games like that, getting people from places
like this list to run them -- if he decides that they're worth holding
and there aren't already some being run independently. How many GZG
games are played at the average /Bifrost/...? More historically-oriented

cons are another matter.

Phil

Prev: Re: [GZG] Bears, scaring Jon and UK con dates Next: [GZG] Speaking of Ground Zero...