Prev: Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm Next: Re: [GZG] Walkers in 15mm

Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 07:42:07 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm

Ground Zero Games wrote:
> in the torso "cockpit"), how would you like to see the legs cast? In
> fixed poses for ease of assembly of the minis (each leg a single
> piece casting), or as multi-part castings (each leg broken down into
> "thigh", "calf" and "foot" parts) to allow much greater poseability,
> but at the cost of a much more fiddly-to-assemble kit...?

I'm curious if there's a decided preference for legs being humanoid or
'chicken'. From all the research I'm seeing, 'chicken' seem to be the
most
agile and quick. The humanoid robots I'm seeing require slow, balance
movements to walk, and running seems out of the question. It seems our
own
constant 'falling forward' is difficult to mechanize.

Feel free, all, to contradict with real world stuff. ;->=

By the way, I've always hated the idea of bipedal vehicles, but I'm
starting to thaw...

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm Next: Re: [GZG] Walkers in 15mm