Prev: Re: [GZG] Walkers in 15mm Next: Re: [GZG] Walkers in 15mm

Re: [GZG] Walkers in 15mm

From: Phillip Atcliffe <atcliffe@n...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:18:42 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Walkers in 15mm

n Brewer wrote:
> Speaking of the Heavy Gear universe, I remember the Heavy Gear CGI
> cartoon.  There was an episode where there was a match with 3 rounds -

> the first 2 rounds were worth 25 points each - the villians won both
> rounds - things look hopeless.
>
> Then we find out that the final round is worth FIFTY-FIVE [55]
> POINTS!!  Making the first 2 rounds POINTLESS!!  DO THE MATH!!  The
> heroes won the final round & the match, but JESUS!!...
Was there any side betting? That sounds like a set-up for a lot of
gambling: "We'll have 3 rounds, but we'll make it so someone who loses
the first two can still win; there'll be enough idiots out there who'll
try and recoup their losses by backing the loser a third time..."

It kinda reminds me of the climax of one of the Xanth books, in which
the hero invents a game to demonstrate a strategy which allows a player
who co-operates to defeat one who tries to beat his opponent and win by
himself. Again, the numbers are stacked for the purposes of the
"lesson",

Phil

Prev: Re: [GZG] Walkers in 15mm Next: Re: [GZG] Walkers in 15mm