Prev: Re: [GZG] UN Recruiting Video Next: Re: [GZG] QUESTION: are SAWs becoming less significant...?

Re: [GZG] QUESTION: are SAWs becoming less significant...?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 23:55:38 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] QUESTION: are SAWs becoming less significant...?

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Mark Kinsey <Kinseym@ptd.net> wrote:

> I'm imagining the defending team behind a wall or earthen berm. In the
> case of the attackers having plasma weapons there will not soon be any
> cover to hide behind.

In the world of sci-fi, true.

In reality? Not so much. Plasma makes for a rotten weapon. They're as
practical as a "hot steam gun".

For more information I direct you to the wonderful Atomic Rocket site
(warning, if you like your sci-fi the way it's commonly portrayed,
don't go to this site if you can't handle dejection):

http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/rocket3x.html#plasma

And this is a link from Atomic Rocket:

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Essays/PlasmaWeapons.html

I've been chuckling quietly to myself that Jon is asking about the
realism of SAWs in the future (a discussion I've found very
interesting), in a game that includes plasma guns.

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] UN Recruiting Video Next: Re: [GZG] QUESTION: are SAWs becoming less significant...?