Prev: Re: [GZG] QUESTION: are SAWs becoming less significant...? Next: Re: [GZG] QUESTION: are SAWs becoming less significant...?

Re: [GZG] QUESTION: are SAWs becoming less significant...?

From: "Samuel Penn" <sam@g...>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 12:27:58 -0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] QUESTION: are SAWs becoming less significant...?

On Mon, February 2, 2009 11:24, Ground Zero Games wrote:
> An interesting point, Mark; while I'm not writing a Traveller
> ruleset, of course, but one that is as generic as possible, you do
> raise a good question as to how low a tech level should we start the
> scale with.
>
> I guess the question is whether anyone really wants to play with very
> low-tech forces (I'm talking early-mid 20th century level here, not
> "archaic" tech)? Obviously there are the alternate-history games to
> consider, with aliens vs WW2 troops and such, but how common might
> these be compared with "straight" SF games with future-tech forces?

Would it complicate things too much if weapons had properties
other than a straight FP rating? For example, increased or
reduced range bands, or reducing effects of cover (e.g.,
advanced fusion guns with explosive shots).

This might allow more advanced/primitive weapons without
having to extend the 1-5 scale.

--
Be seeing you,		  http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.			  xmpp:sam@glendale.org.uk