Prev: [GZG] Metal Primer Next: Re: [GZG] Metal Primer

Re: [GZG] New Mini's Coming?

From: martin connell <mxconnell@o...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 21:16:12 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] New Mini's Coming?

- MY!

If we're going to get into that "old time religion", one could well
argue that our miniatures descend from toy soldiers. Even before their
incarnation in-the-round ala Britains, they were tin flats made from
molds lovingly etched in slate. Flats standardized on a 30mm scale back
in the 19th century. 30mm is also a scale adopted and promoted by Jack
Scruby, one of the early leaders in popularizing miniatures gaming in
the US.

One could well argue that scale creep moving us from 25mm to 30mm is
actually just a return to our roots. Tradition! Family Values! A Chicken
in Every Pot!

I have chosen to focus on 15mm, as I am half the man these giants in the
miniature industry were! B-)

Martin