Prev: Re: [GZG] New to the list, and 2 questions: lift/jump infantry Next: Re: [GZG] New to the list, and 2 questions: lift/jump infantry

Re: [GZG] New to the list, and 2 questions: lift/jump infantry rules, and 15mm alien 'natives'

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 20:59:39 +1100
Subject: Re: [GZG] New to the list, and 2 questions: lift/jump infantry rules, and 15mm alien 'natives'

G'day,

> Few 'tracts' of land are truly inaccessible to someone who is on foot.
>  If you want to get there, you can.  The point of Grav belts is to get
> there faster and with less fatigue than walking.

I would've loved having a grav belt while deer stalking the peat bogs in
Scotland, bloody deer always seemed to get to spots none of us could
walk to without ending up armpit deep at some point. Only time I have
spent more time chest deep in squish was when I was swamp walking in
southwest Tassie. I've recently been reading the diaries of guys in
Bouganville in WWII, they fought for months in those kind of swamp
conditions, no wonder they sloughed the soles of their feet on a regular
basis.

Beth