Prev: Re: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality Next: Re: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality

Re: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 16:32:23 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality

>On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 9:02 PM, John Tailby <john_tailby@xtra.co.nz>
wrote:

>>  In a company level game firing, by platoon at a target platoon seems
to be a
>>  good compromise between realism and playability.
>>

>Please don't go with platoon vs. platoon fire if you can help it.
>IMHO it's much better to go platoon vs. squad or team...

Damond - I'm not quite sure I get what you're meaning, here..... :-/

As it stands, the system under consideration is that fire from a
group of elements (stands) is combined into a single resolution to
determine a number of hits on a target group of elements, then those
hits are distributed among the elements of the target unit, then the
effects of those hits are individually resolved as
no-effect/suppress/kill on each "hit" element.

The system will work just as well if either the target or firer
groups consist of one fireteam stand, a squad, a platoon or even a
full company, and you can actually choose to resolve it at any level
you wish, breaking down or combining attacks in any combination.

Does that answer your concern, or have I misunderstood your comment?

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality Next: Re: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality