Prev: Re: [GZG] Question: small-arms tech and troop quality.... Next: Re: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality

Re: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:16:07 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality

>On a related note, should quality reduce your chances of being hit? It
>seems like more experienced troops select better cover and are less
>likely to reveal their positions. So, all other things being equal,
>should veterans be hit less often than green troops?

Yes, very much so in my opinion, and this WILL factor very strongly
in the hit resolution system.

Without going into too much detail at this stage, the number of hits
will depend on how many multiples of the target's quality there are
in the	final modified firepower total. Yes, it means players will
have to do a little mental arithmetic (at least to the point of
knowing their 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 times tables), but a very similar
system is already used in SGII and most folks seem OK with that.

Jon (GZG)