Prev: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality Next: Re: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality

Re: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:25:31 +1100 (EST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality

you took ten wargamers down to a firing range and gave them a bolt
action rifle (yes 1 each) and said how many point can you score in a
minute and the totalled the score. I think that 10 highly trained
special forces troopers with assault rifles would easily score 10 times
the scores of the wargamers.

When you factor in even more advanced weapons, self guiding munitions,
rates of sustaiend fire in the thousands of rounds per minute or
anything else you can dream of then 25 times the baseline score doesn't
sound unreasonable.

That's about the only scenario that I can imagine that takes out the
other gaming factors like survivability, terrain, mission, or morale.

Prev: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality Next: Re: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality