Prev: Re: [GZG] Question: small-arms tech and troop quality.... Next: Re: [GZG] Question: small-arms tech and troop quality....

Re: [GZG] Question: small-arms tech and troop quality....

From: Damo <damosan@g...>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 12:30:00 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Question: small-arms tech and troop quality....

On Dec 13, 2008, at 10:52 AM, Ground Zero Games wrote:

> Here's a deliberately vague and provocative question to get a
> stimulated debate going...... <GRIN!!>

I don't think a straight linear scale is going to work well as even
poorly motivated farmers armed with a BFG-9000 will, from a linear
scale, make them appear more dangerous than they actually are.

Perhaps if you added additional multipliers like morale, cohesion,
etc. each on a scale of 1-5?  That really doesn't help the problem.

To me, and perhaps I'm WAY out there on this, but I feel the man/
woman makes the difference. How about adding up all the points that
go into a model (adding elements such as morale, cohesion, etc.) and
then multiplying by the quality?

If we add categories for morale and unit cohesion we then have four
ways to model a figure.

POINTS = (morale + cohesion + equipment) * quality

Point range would be 1 (for poorly armed dirt farmer with low morale
and no unit cohesion) to 75 points for an uber-elite troopy with
great weapons, morale, and cohesion.  The same uber-elite trooper
with no cohesion (because he's by himself) would be worth 50 points.
The same gear given to a standard trooper would be worth 33 or so
points.  Your average trooper with average gear, training, and
morale	would be worth around 24 or so points.

Just some thoughts.

Damo