Prev: Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea Next: Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea

Re: [GZG] A new vector movement system

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 23:05:43 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] A new vector movement system

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Robert N Bryett <rbryett@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Oh yes indeed. Mr. Chung's site is pretty much essential reading for
> the mundane-SF enthusiast. His section on reactionless drives is a
> good summary of the violence "grav" propulsion does to conservation
> of momentum and relativity ;)

Read it too much, though, and you start to wonder why the hell we get
into _any_ kinds of "realism" discussions on this list.

For instance, folks will wax knowingly on the proper TO&E for a squad
based on a plasma gun as the support weapon. Yet, a quick peak at this
site shows that plasma guns are no more feasible than steam guns...

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea Next: Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea