Prev: Re: [GZG] UNSC Workings Next: Re: [GZG] UNSC Workings

Re: [GZG] UNSC Workings

From: "Ladue, Grant" <ladue@b...>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 13:52:13 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] UNSC Workings

   I would expect that the UN has a generally good relationship with
private military contractors.  So long as they retain good legal
standing, the UN would occasionally contract out such groups to serve as
additional UN ground forces in places where the UN can not easily
maintain their own forces.  In addition, the UNSC would serve as a
deterrent to such forces taking over a planet on their own *and* as an
enforcement structure so that the mercenaries' contracts are properly
enacted by both sides.