Prev: Re: [GZG] META UN was Interesting mercenary idea Next: [GZG] UNSC Workings

Re: [GZG] META strong and objectionable discourse was: Interesting mercenary idea

From: "Ryan Fisk" <ryan.fisk@g...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 13:33:07 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] META strong and objectionable discourse was: Interesting mercenary idea

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>
wrote:

> ... He was speaking coldly, and directly. If we had
> more of that we'd have fewer problems in this world.

"Moving parts in rubbing contact require lubrication to avoid
excessive wear. Honorifics and formal politeness provide lubrication
where people rub together. Often the very young, the untraveled, the
naive, the unsophisticated deplore these formalities as "empty,"
"meaningless," or "dishonest," and scorn to use them. No matter how
"pure" their motives, they thereby throw sand into machinery that does
not work too well at best."

-Lazarus Long

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Heinlein,_Robert_A.

--
Ryan Fisk

Prev: Re: [GZG] META UN was Interesting mercenary idea Next: [GZG] UNSC Workings