Prev: Re: [GZG] META strong and objectionable discourse was: Interesting mercenary idea Next: Re: [GZG] META strong and objectionable discourse was: Interesting mercenary idea

Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea

From: Doc <docagren@a...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:49:54 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea

have to say the few times that the UN has shown up in my "local" games
they have been a combo of the "best humanity has" with some of the
worse.

??? The UN in our games is large powerful "non-State" group.? Yep they
recruit from all over the human space, with a HQ on Earth but at the
sametime they keep "bases" in the Periphery that handle "Explorer Corp"
operations.? We have them handle Merc contracts as a neutral
party/bonding agency.? For those of you familier with CBT unverse, our
UN is alot like Comstar.? They also handle organizing of "large scale"
rescue/recovery operations.

??? And there is rumor that the UN in our games has FTL Comm ability
with some of their larger ships and the Explore Corps.

??? But we have seen times that a UN force has been backed by member
nation ships who own very restricted ROE has caused the UN issues.?
Recently UN admiral in chanrge of a taskforce stood by and let 1 nation
fleet pound another nation fleet .? Could the UN ships alone defeat the
attacker, no but with their ships the attacker might have had second
thoughts.? But they were bought off or had a ROE that wouldn't allow
them to interfer.? They only were forced to combat status when the
attackers turned towards them after finishing off the other navy force.

??? And in combo FT/ground pounded game, had what we beleive was a UN
striketeam, engaging and removing a scientist and his staff from a lab
before blowing it while a "Pirate Force" was raiding the planet, a UN
Frigate was spotted in orbit.

 DOC Agren

??? Lurker on the GZG Digest

In Memory of Russ Manduca 7/22/67-1/8/08

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have
hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for
anything else thereafter.

    ~ Ernest Hemmingway