Prev: Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea Next: Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea

Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:42:36 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea

At 7:57 AM -0500 12/11/08, paul@otd.com wrote:
>  > Well, it's modern day reality.
>
>Cloaking flames and prejudicial beliefs in the name of 'reality'
doesn't
>cut it, either, really.

It wasn't a flame. AND it's not prejudice. It's
reality. Is it prejudiced to expect a gangster to
commit crimes and extort money?

>Flames are flames. Not every peacekeeper is
>corrupt, and saying that is only going to start long, pointless
arguments.

He didn't say that. He was applying it to the
third world nations that send forces out as
peacekeepers and whom are quite lacking in
professionalism. I've got Canadian friends who've
deployed for peacekeeping. They serve with honor
but still often have some pretty fucked up ROE.
(that's really the best description).

You should look at the sex trade in the Balkans
under SFOR and KFOR. It's HUGE now. The main
customers have been UN troops. Some of that is
PART Of the reason why US troops have a NO SEX in
theatre rule. Not with anyone.

Google "UN Troops Sex Trade"

Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me.
       But I do work there and still like the company.
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/2)

Prev: Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea Next: Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea