Prev: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea Next: Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea

Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:59:35 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea

At 4:11 PM -0500 12/10/08, Damo wrote:
>On Dec 10, 2008, at 3:51 PM, emu2020@comcast.net wrote:
>
>> Is the USNC still just peacekeepers or have they adopted a more
>> active role? It's hard to imagine todays UN touching the issue of
>> mercenaries.
>>

>The UN has a group for everything don't they -- they certainly have
>one covering mercenaries today.  I could see the USNC bowing to the
>inevitable and forming groups to track (and perhaps contract work to)
>PMCs in the far-flung GZG universe.
>
>I see them taking the stance of "If we can't stop 'em we may as well
>try to work with them."

Doesn't the UN Technically already do this? After all, they get money
from member nations to fund the troops. Member nations provide troops
for peacekeeping duty and get funding for this. IF that's not mercenary
by proxy, I don't know what is.

Toss in some good old Quid Pro Quo corruption and I can see the
Secretary General and some Key countries sending "UN forces" to a
mission for a third party.

-		  Data Center Operations Group		       -
-		http://web.turner.com/data_center/	       -
- Ryan Montieth Gill		     One CNN Center SE0813 E   -
- Internet Technologies   --	     Data Center Operations    -
- Hours 9:30am - 5:30pm Mon - Fri     (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)    -
- Cellular: 404-545-6205	   ( Suwanee and Manassas DCs) -
- Office: 404-588-6191		    e-mail: Ryan.Gill@cnn.com  -

Prev: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea Next: Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea