Prev: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour? Next: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 08:24:33 +1100 (EST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

not all the alien races in the GZG universe "boogey men" from the human
point of view? Introducing new alien races as apocalyptic beings isn't a
GW original, didn't the Star Wars universe do the same thing or as noted
any number of other universes. When marketing a new line of figures to
potential buyers what sells better, "Here comes this months new line of
models, the Ixx a minor annoyance in the foot notes of the GZG universe
or the Ixx a rapacious horde of hideous monstrosities after your women?"

The Phalons are highly mercurial beings that will turn on you in a
moment of weakness or if you have anything they want.

The Kra'vak are on the equivalent of a religous crusade to wipe the
human infidels out.

The S'vasku are playing their own game, aiding different factions
apparently at random.

The humans are also jockying for position and would likely take the
opportunity to strip resources and colonies from each other if given
half a chance.

So it's currently pretty grim out there for the humans. But then it's
supposed to be because it's a wargaming universe.

Introducing a new race into the universe adds a new dimension.

If the Ixx, (most humans will call them the "Icks" I guess) are
migrating then they need a reason to have invested all the effort into
doing so. This might be comprehensible to humans (running away from the
worse nasties like Huns from Mongols, we stipped all our resources and
now want yours, our gods told us to go this way) or not. But can be a
mystery for now.

Also to encounter all the different races in the GZG universe the
migration direction needs to be a 90 degrees to the plane of the GZG
universe and there need to be multiple world ships. Otherwise the Ixx
show up on the far side of KV space and the humans won't be impacted for
years and would probably cheer if the KV withdrew untis to deal with the
new pests.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour? Next: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?