Prev: Re: [GZG] IxxPsychology&behaviour? [SEC=PERSONAL] Next: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 22:25:19 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

>Jon,
>
>Love it, though the chances of having multiple Ixx world ships in
>human space seems unlikely, but who knows. Perhaps human space is on
>their primary migration route.

My thought was that the Ixx worldships (good term BTW) would be
travelling in a (very) loose group, probably several lightyears apart
at some points but at other times much closer (eg: two or more in the
same system if there are particularly juicy pickings to be had).
This is why I'd thought about giving them FTL capability, but perhaps
on a limited basis and quite different from human drives - perhaps
the worldships can jump just once every few weeks or even months, but
when they do so they can go a great distance; so if the call goes out
(maybe by couriers, or just PERHAPS they have FTL comms between the
worldships...?) that one has found a system worth stripping for
resources, a few others might converge there via FTL, take what they
need and then split up again as they move on.... endless
possibilities!	;-)

If anyone else wants to chip in with ideas, maybe this will grow......

Jon (GZG)