Prev: Re: [GZG] Help Organizing Battlesuits Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL]Question:troop-carryingVTOLs....? [SEC=PERSONAL]

Re: [GZG] HelpOrganizingBattlesuits [SEC=PERSONAL]

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:20:39 +1100
Subject: Re: [GZG] HelpOrganizingBattlesuits [SEC=PERSONAL]

This is an issue I've been thinking about for a few days.  SG2 doesn't
support squads of heavy weapons being used very well.

Option 1:
Use FC (instead of FP) for the weapons and treat the squad as a single
vehicle when firing weapons. (ie: squad of 4 would roll Q+4xFC for an
attack).  Pros: you get the right feel for the weapons being used, yet
still count as infantry.  Cons: the squad will be more effective than a
standard unit of PA (at a guess, around 50-100% more).

Option 2:
As below, make the chainguns FP:4/I:# to allow the normal squad rules to
work.  Treat the missiles as IAVRs.

Option 3:
Use them as Size 1 walkers, run as a squad, that can combine their FC
(as per 1 above).  This makes them more vulnerable to anti-tank weapons,
but doesn't give a ridiculous number of activations (if you ran them as
singles).

Considering the size of the figures, I'd be inclined to go with Option 3
(and gives quite an "Appleseed" feel to the mecha combat).

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies
http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernsk/

IMPORTANT
1. Before opening any attachments, please check for viruses.
2. This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information
     for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
     please contact the sender and delete all copies of this email.
3. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are
not
     a statement of Australian Government Policy unless otherwise
stated.
4. Electronic addresses published in this email are not conspicuous
publications
     and DVA does not consent to the receipt of commercial electronic
messages.
emails
     of this type from DVA.
6. Finally, please do not remove this notice.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Help Organizing Battlesuits Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL]Question:troop-carryingVTOLs....? [SEC=PERSONAL]