Prev: Re: [GZG] Help Organizing Battlesuits Next: Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2)

Re: [GZG] Help Organizing Battlesuits

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 23:19:25 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Help Organizing Battlesuits

At 8:04 PM -0800 11/25/08, Eli Arndt wrote:
>Ryan,
>
>More suits is not out of the question, so I appreciate any
organizational
>assistance. Does their firepower factor into your idea at all? I keep
>thinking that too many of them in one unit might be considered
overkill.

If you're treating them like infantry, you have
an issue. Their weapons are all larger than
infantry weapons, so FP as a factor for infantry
fire, you have an issue (I'm not sure if we're
talking SG or DSII here), 21 vehicles is probably
too many for a SG game though.

With the idea that you have flexibility of
sections/troops/squadrons, you can be flexible on
what fire you bear on a target. You'll have to
figure on making those splits and designating the
section leaders (pips and chevrons on the
underside of the bases?).

>I had already worked in a plan for transports and support, though I had
>considered making their transports their support carriers as well as I
>didn't see the transports coming directly into combat, but if they
carried
>some advanced light rocket artillery they could easily hang back and
toss
>out rocket motor support to the suits.

I'm a greeblies sort of fellow. I prefer to know
what's part of the organization. It does allow
you to factor in objectives for defensive
engagements and the like where you'd have a need
for replenishment. 1 Truck with recovery gear,
and perhaps some lighter transports for
consumables. Unless your normal recovery vehicles
are setup for lifted carry, you'll have to figure
that walkers will need a different sort of
recovery and transport than a conventional
recovery track or truck normally comes in (you
can't really tow a legged vehicle).
Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)

Prev: Re: [GZG] Help Organizing Battlesuits Next: Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2)