Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: troop-carrying VTOLs....? Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: troop-carrying VTOLs....?

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: troop-carrying VTOLs....?

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 13:04:47 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: troop-carrying VTOLs....?

At 9:28 AM -0800 11/25/08, Fred Kiesche wrote:
>Funny how I read "this is SF" and interpreted this as "this is a
Special Forces vehicle"...

>The crew might now want the grunts to have such free access. The crew
might have a separate armored compartment, increased crew protection
since they fly in and out, are potentially under fire both ways.

>Plus it probably costs more to train a aircrew than a bunch of grunts,
so the government might want to armor the crew compartment.

If they're Special Forces, I would argue that a military probably has a
similar amount of time and money invested in their training as they do
in the pilots and crew chief. Even regular infantry in a modern 1st
world military has a LOT of time and money invested in their workup.

-		  Data Center Operations Group		       -
-		http://web.turner.com/data_center/	       -
- Ryan Montieth Gill		     One CNN Center SE0813 E   -
- Internet Technologies   --	     Data Center Operations    -
- Hours 9:30am - 5:30pm Mon - Fri     (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)    -
- Cellular: 404-545-6205	   ( Suwanee and Manassas DCs) -
- Office: 404-588-6191		    e-mail: Ryan.Gill@cnn.com  -