Prev: Re: [GZG] SG house rules for the IXx [SEC=PERSONAL] Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: troop-carrying VTOLs....?

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: troop-carrying VTOLs....?

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@c...>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:00:19 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: troop-carrying VTOLs....?

Funny you should mention this. I was eye-balling the Mantis to see if I
could extend the fuselage to turn it into a carrier for combat walkers.

I would rather see the Mantis stay a gunships and see something
different
sculpted for the troop carrier. Troop transport aircraft have completely
different needs than gunships. I would love to see the cargo area left
modular so that in the future new modules could be added. I am imagining
something like a scaled down Sky Hook where the fuselage is mainly a
frame
that sits over the attached module. Some module ideas...

1) Troop Transport

2) Vehicle Carrier

3) Infantry Support (think Spectre gunship w/ side-mounted weapons or
maybe
even and underslung turret)

4) Utility

Just some thoughts for you exciting new idea.

-Eli