Prev: Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2) Next: Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2)

Re: [GZG] SG house rules for the IXx [SEC=PERSONAL]

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:56:42 +1100
Subject: Re: [GZG] SG house rules for the IXx [SEC=PERSONAL]

I didn't want to add any unbalancing special rules for SG2, as if too
many rules are modified, it gets messy.  The chemical communication
idea, I think, is too detailed for the rules (and more useful at FMA
scale).  The normal "transfer action" rules cover it fine.

I like the idea of personal force fields, instead of armour upgrades.

Ixx Force Fields:
  The Ixx have developed personal force field technology to the point
where it can be worn by infantry.  Ixx wearing a forcefield are slower
(6"/d6x2" move), but roll an additional 1d6 armour die vs Impact (ie:
roll 2d6 and take the highest). [If using a point system, pay for the
armour twice.]	If a double is rolled, add +1 to the armour die (eg:
roll "1"+"1", the armour result counts as a "2")

Ixx Power Armour + Force Field:
  Although very rare (due to the difficult physiology to work with), the
Ixx do have power armour technology, with more powerful force fields.
Armour: d10, Force Field: d10, move: 10"/d10x2".  [For Power Armour
Design System, the forcefield counts as 2 capacity.]

Had a thought about wounded/dead figures.  How would the IXx treat their
wounded?  As humans?  Eat them on the spot? (NB: not having wounded in
SG can be a benefit).
If they still retain some instinctual "bug-like" behaviour, the
following is an idea.

Wounded Ixx:
  Casualties are determined as normal during combat.  When performing a
"re-org" action by a squad, Ixx add +1 to the casualty treatment table
(this stacks if there is a designated medic).  Any figures that are
still wounded after treatment, are considered to be "dead"
(hibernation/eaten/other) for the rest of the game.
Independant figures that are wounded may spend 2 actions to perform a
"re-org" action and treat themselves.  They do not get the +1 that a
squad does.  If the figure is still wounded, it is considered "dead" for
the rest of the game.

What type of small arms would the Ixx use?  Laser?  Gauss?

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies
http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernsk/

IMPORTANT
1. Before opening any attachments, please check for viruses.
2. This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information
     for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
     please contact the sender and delete all copies of this email.
3. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are
not
     a statement of Australian Government Policy unless otherwise
stated.
4. Electronic addresses published in this email are not conspicuous
publications
     and DVA does not consent to the receipt of commercial electronic
messages.
emails
     of this type from DVA.
6. Finally, please do not remove this notice.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2) Next: Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2)