Prev: Re: [GZG] Weights and measures was: Hypothetical weapon question Next: Re: [GZG] Weights and measures was: Hypothetical weapon question

Re: [GZG] weights was Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question

From: "K.H.Ranitzsch" <kh.ranitzsch@t...>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 07:18:08 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] weights was Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question

> [TomB] Metric makes sense for any form of engineering math. But for
> describing people's height and weight, Imperial seems more intuitive.
> Same with shopping for food in pounds,

Depends on the type of food, I guess, and on the quantity you buy.

In Germany, "Pfund" (pound) is still used colloquially when buying some
food (e.g.meat), though nowadays it is generally understood to be half a

kilo instead of whatever odd number of Gramms it was in the Kaiser's
days.

Greetings
Karl Heinz