Prev: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question Next: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question

Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question

From: Oerjan Ariander <orjan.ariander1@c...>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 21:20:32 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question

John Atkinson wrote:

> >And yes: RPG warheads are considerably bigger than hand grenades, and
the
> >big fragments from RPG fin assemblies etc. tend to go considerably
further
> >than (and are dangerous at considerably longer distances as) hand
grenade
> >shrapnel. FWIW this is a major problem for us at work, since certain
> >customers of ours want to cut the arming distances of our products
> >*waaayyy* shorter than we're able to guarantee that their gunners
won't
> >kill themselves <shudder>
>
>"Gosh, I thought it was a directional explosion. . . "
>
>Something like that?  Hehehe. . .

Sometimes I get that impression, yes... though I wouldn't laugh about it
if
I were you :-/

>Of course, Third Worlders are notoriously cavalier about such
>things--

...yeah, but those particular customers of ours I'm thinking of aren't
Third Worlders...

> >>You don't--and are exceedingly unlikely to hit ANYTHING at that
range.
> >>  At least, from what I've seen.  Most of the time RPGs are fired
under
> >>100m,
> >
> > Um, John... last time I checked 150' was less than half as far as
100m. But
> > maybe you Americans have much bigger feet than the Imperial ones I'm
used
> > to? ;-)
>
>Feet. . . right.  Feet.  Excuse me while I go flagellate myself.  I'm
>used to thinking in meters so much that my eye glossed right over the
>little '.  I just assumed that a European would be using meters.

Plenty of European tabletop gamers are surprisingly fluent in the
smaller
Imperial measures of distance since the rules we grew up with were
English
ones from before the conversion <g>

Later,

Oerjan
orjan.ariander1@comhem.se

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question Next: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question