Prev: Re: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale? Next: Re: [GZG] [CON] Support GZG ECC with a 2009 Calender from Lulu

Re: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale?

From: "Robert Mayberry" <robert.mayberry@g...>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 08:43:31 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale?

Speaking from a business perspective, is the market for 25/28mm worth
playing in at all? I see a huge number of companies selling (mostly
28mm, admittedly) and in that crowded market there might be buyers,
but I'm not sure the opportunity is there compared to 15mm. GZG is a
boutique operation and as far as I can tell wants to stay that way. So
they can't get the economies of scale that the bigger players like GW
get (not even counting GW's aggressive move into plastics). Since he
has a ton of 25mm SKUs already, it isn't like GZG is exiting the 25mm
market, he's just applying his effort toward a scale that doesn't have
as much competition at the moment and where he doesn't have as
complete a product line. The question usually isn't "Is there a
buyer?", or even "are there enough buyers", it's "where are the most
buyers, and at what prices?"

I'm curious about how Jon's customer base breaks down among hard-core
GZG fans vs people who play casually, vs people who are company
agnostic.

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Allan Goodall <agoodall@hyperbear.com>
wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Tom B <kaladorn@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> More
>> generally, it is unaesthetic to have figures that are close to
WYSIWYG with