Prev: Re: [GZG] [CON] Support GZG ECC with a 2009 Calender from Lulu Next: Re: [GZG] [CON] Support GZG ECC with a 2009 Calender from Lulu

Re: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale? (For GZG and others?)

From: mxconnell@o...
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 20:57:21 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale? (For GZG and others?)

[TomB] Me buying from people other than Jon doesn't really help
> GZG's bottom
> line (which I like to support when I can). I have a fair amount
> of 6mm, I
> guess I could buy a few more things here, but I can already
> field battalion
> sized forces. I'm one of those odd birds that likes to have a
> 6mm to 25mm
> model match where I can (hard to do, sadly). Point being though
> even in 6mm,
> I don't realistically need that much more stuff. And the new
> attention has
> mostly been on FT or 15mm SG so there hasn't been a lot (unless
> I missed it)
> of new DS releases either. Ultimately, I can go off and buy 15
> or 20mm WW2
> or something from someone, but that doesn't really help support
> Jon or my
> favourite game (SG). DS3, if it ever gets into formal print
> release, could
> re-spur my 6mm interest as could some more 6mm stuff, but I don't
> necessarily see this as Jon's focus for a while.

[Martin] Yeah, I understand where you are coming from. GZG is one of a
hand full of folks I try to actively focus my support on (though with
the financial times such a they are, I can't order any where near as
often as I'd like).

I really like model correspondence across scales as well.

You're in a tough spot: What do you give the GZG gamer who has
everything?

So, based on what you've said your top goals are:
1. Support GZG financially
2. Promote SG

Would you consider:
Every time you sponsor an SG game at a con, give one of your squads away
as a prize?
This might seed others to start in 25mm (supporting Jon) and play SG,
thus encouraging Jon to create more in that scale. You would then have
to buy replacement squad (further supporting Jon). You might consider
trying a new camo scheme or painting style to keep your interest. This
would certainly cover the two goals.

Don't know if it would work, but there may be the kernel of something
interesting there.

The only other thing I can come up with is buying 15mm (supporting Jon)
and sending them to me to use for SG (promoting the game). But sadly, I
suspect you would not find this as rewarding.

Martin