Prev: Re: [GZG] Drybrushing Next: Re: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale? (For GZG and others?)

Re: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale? (For GZG and others?)

From: "Chris Slavensky" <sepplainer@g...>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 20:50:57 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale? (For GZG and others?)

> So, to my questions:
>
> 1) Is there anyone else who is still a 25mm player? Are there many of
us
> left? Is anyone choosing to buy 25mm over 15mm nowadays when buying
new
> stuff?

I still do 20mm WW2 for this same reason but nearly all of my friends
are
collecting 15mm now...peer presure to get my 20mm buildings and stuff
out of
the game room might make me crack at some point. I have plenty of 25mm
GZG
stuff but it is the only real 25 you can get anymore, most of my 20mm
buildings work with it and a few Low-fi addons to the table it looks
great. However...I have 15mm all my other historical ranges so I will be
moving to 15mm SG stuff early next year with a opening order at X-mas.
The
buildings and terain will not be a problem and I can store the 20mm
stuff in
boxes and pull it out when I am to old to paint 15's anymore and need to
right size my scale to my eyes.

> 2) Are most 25mm players biting the bullet and migrating to 15mm? Or
> resisting that transition?

see above

> 3) For Jon T/GZG: Is there any practical likelihood of more 25mm
models
> coming out? Does it make any sort of business sense? Would a number of
25mm
> players coming out of the woodwork and asking for some new 25mm
sculpts
> affect that decision?
>
> I'm just curious if there are a bunch of potential 25mm consumers
sitting
> quietly out there or if I'm literally the last of a dying breed. If
there
> are a bunch of people in 25mm collections that intend to stay there,
perhaps
> there might be enough market incentive to convince Jon to do some more
25mm
> stuff. I don't necessarily suspect this is the case, but I thought I'd
put
> the questions out there and see. I'd rather send Jon my money than a
lot of
> manufacturers for a variety of reasons, but if there isn't new product
I'm
> interested in buying coming out in a scale I use, that is a bit
problematic.

If GZG was making 25mm stuff I would be very intrested in buying.