Prev: Re: [GZG] Question: What's in a name - WYSIWYG or not? Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Some more teasers of upcoming 15mm and

Re: [GZG] Some thoughts on robots worthy of having minis

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 14:16:03 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Some thoughts on robots worthy of having minis

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 5:19 PM, Tom B <kaladorn@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bomb Disposal/Disarming Bots (Tracked and wheeled)

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=bomb+robot&btnG=Search+Images&gbv
=2

US EOD uses the Talon and us Engineers get to play with the Engineer
Talon and the Marcbot.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=talon+robot&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&o
i=image_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

and the Marcbot

http://www.iedrobot.com/marcbot/marcbotindex.htm

Robots intended for use in combat are quite likely to be more like the
former than the latter in the future, since the Marcbot is dirt cheap
as compared to the Talon, and hence somewhat disposable.

John
--Vita Aureliani