Prev: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... Next: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

[GZG] Can Haz Full Thrust Game Server?

From: Ernest Prabhakar <ernest.prabhakar@g...>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 14:28:08 -0700
Subject: [GZG] Can Haz Full Thrust Game Server?

Hi all,

For a variety of reasons, I'm interested in building a web service for
running Full Thrust games.  The idea is to have a single game server
that could communicate with various front-ends, and provide them with
a consistent:

	- repository of ship designs
	- way to meet other players
	- movement and combat engine

There would also be a (more-or-less rudimentary) web front end for
purely online games.

Yes, I realize this is a complex, multi-year effort, but I need
something to keep me off the streets. :-)

The whole effort would be open source (probably in Python, hosted by
Google App Engine), so ideally the community could maintain and extend
it over time.

I am already in discussions on the FTjava list about the technical
issues, but I wanted to check here to:

    a) Ask Jon T. whether this is allowable under the terms of the
publicly released rules

    b) See if anyone else has attempted (or would like to help) with
something like this

Thanks!

-- Ernie P.
ernest.prabhakar@gmail.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... Next: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...