Prev: [GZG] Subject: Re: Working with Balsa Next: Re: [GZG] IJN Miniatures

Re: [GZG] Subject: Re: Working with Balsa

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 00:13:23 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Subject: Re: Working with Balsa

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 10:14 PM, mwowm <mwowm@rocketmail.com> wrote:

> A non spray option would be 2 coats of Gesso, as it shrinks to fit as
it drys, but also coats enough to cover balsa grain.

I tried black gesso on some basswood disks I had glued to fender
washers and used as FT fighter stands. The gesso, even with three
coats, was not enough to hide the fact that the disks were made of
wood. What's more, it's a pain in the neck painting the gesso in such
a way that you don't leave brush marks.

--
Allan Goodall http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: [GZG] Subject: Re: Working with Balsa Next: Re: [GZG] IJN Miniatures